William R. (Bill) Martin – President
Martin Business Consulting, Inc.
Bill worked for General Motors for thirty years, retiring October 1, 2001. During his career at GM Bill worked in quality control full time for the last eighteen years. He is a RAB registered lead auditor with many years of audit experience.
Bill’s assignments during this time were many and varied. He worked as a department resource having responsibility for the implementation and on-the-job training of department personnel in quality functions. With additional responsibility of doing the technical work required by the job.
Additionally; Bill completed his GM career at the Saturn plant in Spring Hill, Tn. Bill, was the team leader for the development and implementation QS-9000 for the Saturn Assembly Facility. He also served as Management Representative for several years at the Saturn facility.
As team leader and Management Representative at Saturn Bill had the responsibility for the definition and development of the quality system, writing many of the procedures and plant instruction for the quality system.
During his years in quality control Bill has spent hundreds of hours teaching quality related material in a classroom setting. He has also been involved in the development of formal training material and the class validation of that material.
He has trained and facilitated teams/groups in; ISO-9000 methods and procedures, ISO-9000 auditing, TS-16949 auditing, Transition from ISO 1994 to ISO 2000, Transition to ISO/TS-16949. Further he has taught many other subjects related to the quality field, such as: FMEA, PPAP, APQP, MSA, Root Cause Analysis, Team Problem solving, SPC, etc.
Bill has not only taught these subjects but have years of experienced managing these tasks and conducting all aspects of quality control systems.
- Six Sigma Green Belt & Black Belt
- ISO9001:2000 Internal Auditor 2 or 3 days
- ISO/TS16949:2002 Internal Auditor 2 or 3 days
- Healthcare FMEA (HcFMEA) 1 day
- Leadership Development @ mbcincorp.com/leadership
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Overview – 1 day
Comprehensive – 2 day
2 Day Includes
Process Flow Chart/Diagram – 1 day
Process FMEA & Control Plan – 1 day
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) – 2 day
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – 3 days
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) – 1 day
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) - 1 or 2 days
- Process Problem Solving – 2 days
- Automotive Core Tools for Internal Auditors – 2 days
- Workplace organization – 1 day (Assessment & Recommendation)
Management Overview & Training
(Generally 2 to 4 hours in length but may be adjusted to fit your particular needs)
1) Quality System Implementation
2) Execution of a Quality Plan (Accountability)
3) Workplace Culture - Change for Quality
4) ISO9001:2000 (Overview)
5) ISO/TS16949:2002 (Overview)
6) Problem Solving & Decision Making (Solving the Problem of Problem
1) Assess your Quality System Effectiveness
2) Implementation Support for ISO9001:2008
3) Implementation Support for ISO/TS16949:2009
4) Implementation Support for ISO 14001:2004
5) Problem Solving
6) Internal Audit; to Complete your Annual Schedule
7) Public Speaking
8) Project Management Services
Bill’s customer list is lengthy and varied covering many types of industry and services. General manufacturing, warehouse operations, container manufacturing, fasteners design and manufacture, electronics, design organizations as well as service industries.
Martin Business Consulting, Inc.
PO Box 1812
Lewisburg, TN. 37091